Club and Booking Rules
1. Members can use their bookings based on any scheduling they please but are encouraged to use them on a regular basis in order not to have an excess at the end of the season. There are no weekly or monthly restrictions. It is however, the responsibility of each member to plan out how much tennis they play and purchase their level of membership accordingly. Bookings cannot be shared except in the case of spouses who are both members and have the same level of membership or if you have a family share plan. Bookings are not transferable from one season to the next
2. One booking per member is required for each game. Bookings can be used for an hour of singles or an hour and a half of doubles. You may also choose to use your bookings to participate in house league, round robins, team matches, lessons or other club programs.
3. The on-line reservations system keeps an accurate record of bookings used. All members are required to sign in before each game. The Staff member on duty will then verify that all names on the sign in sheet match with the names on our on-line booking system.
Membership Upgrades/ Adding Bookings
Should you require more bookings to make it through the season; you can add more to your total at any time or agree to be billed by credit card at the end of the season for any court time used in excess of your original total. These bookings are only available if you have purchased and used up a club membership and are priced based on the original level. You may also choose to upgrade your membership to another level. This option is only available until the end of January and the cost is calculated based on the difference in price between the two levels of membership plus a 10% surcharge (on the difference only).
• The club phone line or on-line booking system is open for booking starting at 9:00 am sharp
• Court reservations are taken a maximum of 6 days in advance of the time of play.
• Two names are required to hold a singles court (for one hour) and four names are required to hold a doubles court (for 1 ½ hours)
• Members may have as many courts reserved as they like but are limited to a maximum of one booking per day (including event bookings such as round robins)
• If you already have a booking, you may book a second court for that same day but the booking can only be made on the day of play.
• You may not intentionally book in a time slot that creates an unused 1/2 hour opening – The Club reserves the right to adjust the start time of a booking by 1/2 hour if this is being done intentionally or on a repeat basis.
• The Club also reserves the right to move bookings from one court to another in order to create more open time.
• In one phone call, one person may not book for more than one group at a time.
• Between 9:00 am and 9:15 am members who are present at the Club must use the ‘member computer’ provided to make their own reservations.
• Members may not leave notes for the staff member on duty to make bookings for them.
• Booking a singles court to practice serving is allowed but only on a teaching court and only for ½ an hour (uses up one booking). Ball baskets are available for rent from the pro-shop
• You may continue play after your allotted time without incurring and additional booking charge if no one is booked after you. (a maximum ½ hour grace period is given if you are playing during the last booking period of the night if other courts are still in use)
• Tennis ball baskets may not be used on courts other than one or two and with the net drawn
• Only Joshua Creek’s hired club professionals may provide instruction to members.
• Proper attire, footwear (*no black soled shoes) and tennis etiquette are required at all times-players with marking shoes will be asked to leave the court and the booking will not be refunded.
• Members must not enter the court area until the buzzer has sounded to indicate the start of their time
• The Club reserves the right to move bookings to another court in order to create more open time
Cancellations and No-Shows
If you book a court or a place in a club event and do not show up or do not provide at least 24 hours cancellation notice, the booking will automatically be charged to your account. The club will be considerate of special circumstances and will take appeals by email only (email@example.com)
Lessons will be scheduled during designated times and will be taught by a Joshua Creek Club Professional only. Outside of designated lesson times (posted in the Club office) lessons can only be booked two days ahead. The Club reserves the right to restrict the number of lessons a member takes per week to create openings for other members to schedule a lesson. All lessons use up one booking per member (unless specified otherwise) and the student is charged according to the fee schedule of the specific tennis professional.